Friday 17 April 2009

Final batch of spuds planted

A very wet day today, but the gardening must go on...


Today I planted 2 more Pentlands, taking up all the available space in the trench I dug last month. I also planted 3 Charlottes in a second refuse sack - same method as before. The photo above shows the 3 Pentlands I used on the left of the picture. The other Pentlands were those I left in the dining room, but I found that the ones I had left in a cooler location were sprouting better (as can be seen above), so those were the ones I planted today. The Charlottes can be seen in the Flora container; the greener ones were those I had left in the dining room since last month, the lighter coloured ones were from a Sainburys' bag of potatoes I got earlier in the week, and again I used those as they looked healthier.