Monday 21 June 2010

Antifoxatron-5000 being deployed

I suspect for a number of reasons that the above anti-fox measure was not effective, one of the reasons being that the foxes would pull out the lengths of bamboo cane. I think they viewed my supposed anti-intrusion device as a fox activity centre.

I therefore replaced it with this rigid plastic mesh. However, after installing it I fear the foxes may be able to chew through it, as they were able to chew through some old strawberry netting with which I tried to protect the runner beans. Maybe wire mesh would be better.

I am also installing the mesh along the border on one side of the garden. The idea is to have a 'shelf' of mesh along the fence so that the foxes can't jump into the garden. This of course also means that they cannot leave the garden by this route. Anything that disrupts their movements (in both senses of the word) is all good with me.