Monday 17 August 2009

Fox drama

This morning at about 11:00 I heard a fox screeching. When I looked out I saw a fox running in my neighbour's garden, carrying something in its mouth. The fox then appeared in my garden. Whatever it had in its mouth was grey, at first I thought it was a squirrel but it may have been a pigeon. I went out in the garden as I didn't want the fox to dismember its prey on my property, and the fox ran across the garden and over the fence into the neighbouring garden on the other side. The two smaller foxes followed the adult.

Soon after, I heard a fox jumping over the fence and found when I went out that it was one of the fox cubs, which I chased off. A while later I looked out and saw the adult fox lying in the garden, now without any sign of whatever it had caught, and presumably satisfied after having provided a meal for its young. I pursued it off the premises yet again.